Accounts Payable and Disbursements
Frequently Asked Questions
- When are vendor checks or direct deposits disbursed?
- Vendor checks are mailed out on Tuesday and Friday. Direct deposits are disbursed on the next business day after email confirmation is received, typically on Monday or Wednesday.
- How do I get set up for direct deposit?
- We offer and encourage direct deposits for vendors, however, direct deposits are mandatory for employee reimbursements.
- Who receives an IRS 1099 – Miscellaneous form?
- Anyone, excluding university employees, receiving payments for services, rents or other income during a calendar totaling $600.00 or more may be issued a 1099-Misc.
- How long does it typically take to process a reimbursement request?
- Providing that forms are properly completed, approved and accompanied by all required documentation, the standard turnaround time is 2 – 3 business days after receipt in Accounts Payable.
- Where can I find a Purchase Order Amendment form?
- What should I do with an invoice I receive directly from a vendors?
- All invoices should immediately be forwarded to the Accounts Payable Department in Room 303 Bibb Graves Hall
- Who is required to complete a Disclosure Statement and where can I find the form?
- Section 41-16-82, Code of Alabama 1975 requires the disclosure statement to be completed and filed with all proposals, bids, contracts, or grant proposals to the State of Alabama in excess of $5,000. More information and the form can be located here.